1. What was your most memorable alarm clock failure?
Once I forgot to spring forward and was late to a choir rehearsal one Sunday morning, but it wasn’t that big of a deal. Nothing really major has ever happened because we have two alarms that go off at 6:00 and 6:30 every morning and we have a battery powered backup clock.
2. What item in the news do you find the most alarming?
I find it more than alarming that we can be as self-centered about our economy as we are when 29,000 children under the age of five died in the last three months in Somalia.
3. Of car alarms, burglar alarms and smoke alarms, which do you consider the most effective or useful?
Smoke alarms. As long as you replace the batteries every six months, they’re reliable. Car and burglar alarms can go off by accident and people tend to ignore them.
4. If the shoplifting alarm is tripped as you exit a store, what do you do?
Turn around and go back. Nothing is worse than getting home only to find you’ve still got inventory control tags on your merchandise.
5. If you owned some kind of personality alarm to warn you of some kind of trouble in a relationship would 5 qualities would you set it to detect?
People who don’t know how to recognize personal boundaries