1. If they could invent a remote control for something in your house that doesn’t have one, what would you wish it to be?
Either the washer/dryer or the dishwasher, but it would have to put away the laundry and dishes, too.
2. What could your car really use that they just haven’t invented yet?
The ability to drive itself.
3. Who among your friends could probably be a great inventor if he or she had enough funding to do it?
I don’t know, maybe Steven our IT tech at work.
4. What invention seems to be doing its job in a less-satisfying manner than the old-fashioned way?
I think the Kindle makes reading less satisfying. In my opinion, a book is far more than just words on a page or screen — the scent of the paper, the weight of the book, and the feel of the pages beneath my fingers are all part of the experience of reading for me and you can’t experience that with an e-reader. I have many books that I take notes in as well and I’m not ready to give up paper books.
5. Lately vending machines have gone beyond drinks and snacks: you can rent DVD’s from them or purchase an Ipod from them. What’s something your life could be improved by if it were available in a vending machine?
Probably a vending machine that dispenses medicines like Tylenol, Advil, cough drops and maybe individual packs of tissues, because I always need that stuff when I don’t have it. My fantasy vending machine would be one that dispenses Mont Blanc fountain pens that I could afford to buy (nothing over $100). Hey a girl can dream, can’t she?