1. What’s the most surprising or unusual thing to be found in your wallet, purse, or backpack?
Purse – A penguin compact mirror, two Lamy fountain pens (the black one is a Safari filled with J. Herbin Orange Indien and the red one is an Al Star filled with J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage) and asthma meds (surprising only because I havent’ actually been diagnosed with asthma, but my doctor keeps giving me an inhaler when my allergies act up).
Wallet – Three ultrasound pictures from failed IVF attempts, a copy of the vows my husband wrote for a renewal church service he couldn’t attend and a card he gave me after a bad day.
2. What’s the most surprising or unusual thing on your computer’s hard drive?
My music collection – it’s got everything from Gilbert and Sullivan to The Black Eyed Peas, Adele, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, John Williams, Alabama, Bob Dylan, Mozart and Harry Connick, Jr, to name a few of my favorite artists (well except Bob Dylan – love his lyrics but think his songs would be better sung by someone with a voice).
3. What’s the most interesting thing hanging on your walls?
A cross stitched wedding angel from my mother and a pen and a painting of the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Virginia where my husband and I spent our wedding night.
4. What’s the most uncharacteristic thing in your fridge?
Probably an old bottle of wine because I hardly ever drink.
5. What’s something you’ve done in the past year that you thought was going to be awful but turned out pretty good?
I wouldn’t say it was pretty good, but driving to Gillette Stadium for every UMass home game didn’t turn out to be as awful as I thought it would be. I took the back roads through Amherst and Pelham, which provide gorgeous scenery in the fall, so it wasn’t all bad. Just incredibly inconvenient.