If you’d like to play along you can get the weekly list here.
1. This year I’m thrilled we can start new traditions when our close friends join us for our annual vacation in Hilton Head.
2. If you could see all the different music I’ve downloaded over the years, you would understand why my husband calls me “the human jukebox.”
3. True heroes don’t need or want accolades.
4. I’ll never truly understand why I am important enough for a stranger to lay down his or her life for me, but it’s why I’ll always stand for and sing the anthem.
5. Considering I have to live to be 419 1/2 to finish all my cross stitch projects, I better get cracking on my quest to find the Fountain of Youth.
6. I love it when I win an argument with facts and rational thinking. It just kills some people when they realize I’m right and they can’t get anywhere with me by screaming at me and calling me names. Maybe it makes me a smug son of a gun, but I love that feeling!
7. I really wish I could just make my shoulder pop just once to loosen it up. Yoga tomorrow might help – I usually sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies when I warm up. It’s embarrassing but it helps me feel better.
8. The older I get, the more I understand why my mother and father used to say there was too much month left at the end of the money.
9. FDR had it all wrong — the only thing we have to fear is the hairy spider in the corner of the bathroom ceiling directly over the shower head.
10. Why did the Superbowl have to get Missy Elliot’s “Get Ur Freak On” stuck in my head? The song is cool if I’m in the right mood, but I never drink Mountain Dew. Help!